Thursday, January 28, 2010

All things grey

Welcome to Something Lovely! I have been a long time fan of all things design related and after many months of reading and being inspired by other design blogs, I have finally decided to make one of my own! It is here that I will post everything about anything and hopefully inspire all of you, like you have done for me! So sit back on that gorgeous chair of yours (okay, we can pretend it's gorgeous) and relax, because it is going to be a fun ride! I have yet to learn the ins and outs of blogging, but I hope to get better as I go and update my site often! If you have any advice for me please don't hesitate to comment!!


...And now, I will begin my first post with a topic about love affairs (not the kind you're thinking of) but rather, a love affair with colour. Do you ever go through obsessions with colour? A colour that you just can't get enough of? I've noticed just recently, that I have become overly obsessed with all things Grey. I actually think this affair began a few years back when Liv by Aut Lit (a beautiful design store in Toronto) opened up and used greys and whites as their dominant colour pallete. Whether its a simple grey with a hint of ice blue or a gorgeous, rich dark charcoal, there is just something about Grey that makes me smile!
The next few images are interiors from my favourite design store called Maxalto. It is originally from Europe, but you can also find it in Miami. Next time you are down south you must make your way to the design district and check out all the stunning stores (beginning with Maxalto, of course!) After you've done some credit card damage head on over to Michael's Genuine Food & Drink http://www.michaelsgenuine.com/ for a dinner that will blow you away (the must have dessert is the Banana Toffee Panini with a mini chocolate caramel sundae.) Go ahead, indulge!

Images from the Maxalto Catologue

No comments:

Post a Comment